Monday, July 30, 2007

Random Thoughts


I've been wanting to post something up here for a few days now, just couldn't get all my thoughts in order. When you have such a gynormous brain, it tends to happen. :) Here are the things that have been going on/I've been thinking about.

  1. Daughtry's song "Home" - Heard this on K-Love the other day. FOR THE RECORD: I have been talking about the incredible Christian lyrics in this song for weeks now. It's not technically a Christian song, but is it ever a cry out to heaven. I'll post the lyrics up one of these days.
  2. The Bible tells us that we will lose friends and family members when we choose Jesus over the world. I read that and comprehend it, but it really hit home recently. The one person other than my wife, whom I love and trust more than anyone else, has pretty much up and forgotten our friendship. Having moved 2,000 miles away doesn't help in keeping friendships as they always were, but you'd think the 2 of us being 30 would make it a little easier. I consider my friend as close as family, if not more so. The contact between us gotten more and more sparse and I don't know how to make it come back. It stinks to see him related to his MySpace "friends" more than his so called "brother".
  3. So one thing that has been on my heart for a few weeks now, is the topic of Spiritual Leadership in the home. God has been laying on me the idea of how the Man is the one responsible for the growth of the home. Men are, by Biblical standards, the Spritual Leader of the house and the wife is to honor and respect the husband. I gotta tell yea, that is some awkward stuff right there to write. How easy it can be for a man to take advantage of this "power" and honor God has given us. How many men claim to spend time in the word and prayer and are truly seeking out God's will? If a man does this, God will make His will known to the husband and wife. If a man isn't seeking God's will, then arguments and strife will overrun the house. Someday I'll expand on this, but in short it's my belief that God has given men an enormous responsibility to set order in the home and the only true way to do this is through time in God's word and prayer.
  4. I've started reading 4-6 chapters a morning of the bible. My good friend Chuck gave me the book "Cultivating a Life for God" by Neil Cole, which talked about reading the Bible daily in large doses. Pretty much the theory is: If God can't change you through his Word and prayer, no man can. I agree with that to an extend. I think God can use others to change a person's heart or at least get into a persons heart. But all in all I agree with the books thoughts and I have been reading 20-30 chapters a week. It's been interesting and I think a part of what I wrote about the Spiritual Leaders of the home is a result of my quiet times.
  5. Adoption Update: Siete has been released from the hospital and is now staying with Pastor Wesley at his home. We feel so blessed that Siete is doing ok. Last week another baby in the orphanage went to the hospital and the illness overtook her and she went home to heaven. Please pray for these children living in an area where dehydration can kill them. We are still waiting for the official "OK" to travel. Feels like we have been waiting forever for this process to come to an end. In HIS time I know, but I'm human and can't understand His time sometimes.
  6. July 31st: Baseball's official trading deadline. Looks like some deals will be made, but nothing will ever be like 2004 when the Red Sox traded fan favorite Nomahhhh for a couple of players who 3 months later propelled them to their first championship in 86 years.
  7. Lastly...I'm praying my way to 185. I've put the pounds on again. God tells us our bodies are a temple. I realized the other day, this temple now has a garage and barn!! Time to get myself down to where I should be. I'm aiming for a weight I haven't been in my adult life. Through prayer, God has worked in me to remove other junk from my life, and I'm praying He will push me and give me the strength to lay off the extra cookies or large lunches.
Until Next Time....He is Our Solid Rock!

No comments: