Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter...He is Risen Indeed

So naturally my follow up post to my last "whoa is me, is God real" post is one about Easter :). To keep this real and (hopefully) short...You do realize that with out Easter Sunday, all this is a total farce and a sham? Without the resurrection of Jesus, we are just following the Bible as a nice life reference with no real solid foundation to it.

Our pastor spoke this morning about all of this "religion" stuff being a big fat lie if Jesus wasn't brought back from the grave 3 days later. Because Jesus was raised up after 3 days of being dead, we are truly saved from all our transgressions. How amazing is that and how blessed are we?
The torture, betrayal, beatings, lashings, whippings, humiliation, and crucifixion of Jesus Christ. A life no other man could have ever lived. A life that brought total and complete division to the world, yet that brought eternal freedom from the bondage's of this world.

Lord, I am in total awe of all you do. I publicly confess my life to you. I publicly confess my pettiness and selfishness in all of the things happening in life. You are the one in ultimate control and I am merely a sinner attempting to follow your direction. I thank Jesus for the cross, but more so I thank you for the resurrection of you from the dead. Without You Jesus, and without you being raised from the grave, I would be worth no more than any other animal on this earth. BUT through you and because of your deeds, I have life and a hope. I love you Lord.

He Has Risen INDEED! God is GOOD.

No comments: