Friday, March 9, 2007

Failed Adoption

Well I'm just going to be short and to the point about this. Our attempts to adopt Augustus, Sando and Musu has failed. Their parents came back, took them from the orphanage and got the courts to reunite them. We are absolutely floored and devastated. You get yourself pumped up, geared up and prepared to change your entire life. Then the rug is pulled right out from underneath you. Words can't even express.

The kids were crushed and I really don't know where we go from here. That is the part I have never handled well, seeing my children and wife cry. Nothing pisses me off more and I feel so helpless this time. I think there is just a whole range of emotions going on for us right now and we will deal with them as a family.

What we do know (or at least think we know) is God brought us this far and we won't quit. But just because we won't quit, doesn't mean adoption is in His plans for us. For now we will regroup as a family and wait to see what situations become available.

God is (still) Good

1 comment:

Andy Corbett said...

Praying for you guys, I only wish we were closer to really walk through this with you.