Thursday, March 1, 2007

Modern Day Miracles

So...You wanna argue with me that miracles don't happen anymore these days? I dare you. I just wrote up a whole testimony about how God has worked in my life, which is a miracle in itself. People get so hung up on the questions like "Where is our flood?", or "Where are these miraculous healings?".

To date, Wife and I have been blessed with our own modern day miracle. When we agreed to go through and adopt the 3 children in Liberia, we had no idea how we would do it. Where would the money and space and sanity come from? Things have been falling into place at an alarming rate. A rate by human standards that would be considered unbelievable. But God is doing His thing, performing a miracle right before our very eyes. I am humbled by the donations by people who just want to help, but have no idea how powerfully God is using them. It's beyond the monetary donations, it's all about God reaffirming in us that He and only He is in control. It's amazing. God says "Walk in faith, that I will provide", and by golly gosh...He provides.

People are so caught up in looking for miracles, that they happen every day, unnoticed. People want huge Hollywood special effects in the miracles God provides. They want God to give them a good show. It'd be great too if God could have a drive thru window for his miracles. "Hi yea...I'd like one supernatural healing, with a large diet coke please. Oh and hurry up, I've been waiting for about 15 seconds already." Wow me God...amaze me Lord...Bless me Father...Then I'll think about living for you

I have been looking, but I haven't found anywhere in the bible that describes God as being the dealer at the roulette wheel. I don't see where God is described as the guy on the Wall Street Trading floor, slapping his head and making all sorts of hand signs to make the perfect deal with you. Still haven't found where He teaches us to bring our "A" game to the negotiation table.

What I do know is God teaches that "God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19). I think I read once something about bringing it all to God in prayer: "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." (Ephesians 6:18)

This says it best: Galatians 3:5 - Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?

God is Good!

No comments: