Monday, March 26, 2007

Still Here

(My Latest Glamour Shot)
I didn't realize it's been almost 2 weeks since I have posted anything up here. Sorry to all 3 of you who actually read this.

As I mentioned in my last post, we are moving on with life. We have heard about some potential new children that may be coming into the children's home in Liberia. But until a situation comes up that seems like it may be real, we'll just keep our mouths shut and continue praying for God's will.

We are still looking for a buyer for our house. It's been on the market for 2 1/2 weeks and we've had plenty of showings, but no offers yet. We know the right family will come in eventually, it's just a matter of being patient. We do have an agreement on a new house, so we hope a buyer comes in for our current house soon. The new house is pretty cool. It's a little larger than the house we have now, but the great thing about it is the huge yard for all the kids to play in. It also has a very cool barn that is completely finished, heated/ac, electricity, water, cable. It's going to be fun to have a big play area for all of us. I think Wife and I are more excited about that area than the kids are!!

Oh and I have gotten a new job at work. I'm moving from being a developer of one software, to total owner of another application in a whole new group. It's an awesome opportunity that I have been praying for and have talked to the bosses at work about in the past. I'll be moving from a worker bee position to a role that will get me to that next level. More responsibility and more work, but it's another step in the process of growing in a career. I'm really excited. My bosses thought enough of me to hand me this opportunity and responsibility...Hope I don't mess it up :).

But now lets get serious...down to about a week until Opening Day. Go ahead, get all giddy with excitement, I did. Red Sox versus Royals on Monday April 2nd and 4:10 (EST) be sure to set your Tivos!! :) In a few days I'll be writing up my thoughts about going to Fenway park and seeing the Sox play....goose bumps!

Thanks to everyone who sent along well wishes after the adoption fell through. Not really sure who is reading this or who takes an interest, but I really appreciate the family we have back home who keeps up with us. I also thank God for the family He has surrounded us with down here in Mayberry. Without naming names, to my new Brothers and Sister I love you and thank you all for everything. Life this far away from family and friends is so hard, but it's been made so much easier having you all in our lives.

God is Good!

No comments: