Thursday, January 4, 2007

Random Happenings...

  • You ever feel pulled in different directions...but no one is really pulling? I'm at that point the last few days. Family, Church, Missions, Career...good grief. My life is dedicated to my family, but if God's will were to allow me to go on every trip available, I would...and but that isn't a reality. Or is it God?
  • Broccoli: Great FOR me....Horrendous for those AROUND me.
  • Football Playoffs start this weekend. New England and New Orleans is my Super Bowl prediction. Whats yours?
  • The annual Girl Scout cookie sales have started. Wife is responsible for ordering all the cookies that the girls in Alex's troop sells. That's chaotic but fun. Especially the extra boxes of cookies!!!
  • Have you ever stopped and really considered the spiritual battle that is happening around us? It's real people, it's pretty scary and it's not going away until Jesus returns. (this may be a blog topic of its own someday)
  • The countdown is on for me to shave. I have been growing my hair, in support of my missionary brother Mike. He went to Liberia with us and then went on to Uganda and Sudan. He hasn't shaved the whole time he has been gone and to support him, I've done the same. I haven't had hair on my head for about 4 or 5 years. I also have never had a beard before. He arrives home on Thursday at about 9:30 or so. At approx. 11PM that night I will be clean shaven again. Sweet unhairy bliss.
  • Will I be making another video of my kids soon? Yes.
  • Will I be making another video montage soon, this time from the Romania trip? Ah, yea...duh.
  • Taking down the outside Christmas lights this weekend. Christmas is officially over...sad. But I encourage you to keep that "holiday" feeling all year long. We don't need a holiday to celebrate Jesus people...really we don't.

Thats all I got for now....be on the look out for more ramblings and videos.

God is Good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will need to order some cookies as well. lots and lots of cookies...when do they come in?

stepan