Monday, January 8, 2007

Video of Our New Daughters

Galatians 4:4-5 - But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, burn under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

I've talked about my thoughts about adoption and how it is a living picture of our relationship with God, through the sacrifice of Jesus. I found the above bit of scripture while having some quiet time this week. These few verses again, solidified in me, that we have nothing if Jesus did not come and die for our sins. We are adopted into His kingdom through the sacrifice He made for us.

We have been thinking about adoption, again. Anyone who knows me, knows I drop my head, I roll my eyes, I groan and I sigh whenever Wife talks about adoption. But I can't deny the fact that, through Wife's heart for children and her desire to have a large family, God has opened my heart to more kids. I am beyond amazed by how God can change a mans heart, but I can attest he has changed mine.

That being said, we'll be updating the home study, filing the paper work and praying over babies and situations. I have absolutely no idea how in the world we will pay for it, find room for him or her, have room in our vehicle to transport the family. I just know it feels right and if adopting is meant to be, Our savior will figure all that out and let me know about it when the time is right. To me it sounds like such a christian cliche, but I feel like we are taking a huge leap of faith. All I know is He is telling my heart, don't let him or her spend another night alone.

He's opened my eyes to the happiness a family brings to all of it's members. He's also shown me the loneliness and sadness of being alone. He's shown me this in my personal life, but more so through my time at Recas Orphanage in Romania and the Greater Love Children's Home in Liberia. God has blessed me with decent money, shelter, an amazing wife and family, eternal salvation and a fire to spread his word and love to all who will listen. How can I turn my back on a little one, when I have the means to open my heart to him or her.

None of this sounds like anything I have ever said. :) And no, I'm not drunk.
God is Good!

4 comments:

Emily said...

You will never know how much it means to my heart to hear you say these things. 11 and a half years ago I promised you a family that would always love and support you and never abandon you and now we can offer that to other children. Its amazing being on this journey with you. I love you!

Melissa said...

YAY!!! I have to get back REALLY soon to find your little boy!!! I'm sooo happy!!! That kid could not be more luck to have parents as amazing as you two are!!!

HollyAnn said...

As a kindred spirit with Emily, let me just say, YOU ROCK! You give me hope that some day John will be open to the call of adoption again! I can't wait to meet the newest Wickham, and what a lucky child he/she will be! God is so good!
HollyAnn

Anonymous said...

hey it's ur sis.. i think we need another boy in the family now! lol what do u think.. lol congrats to both of you.. i am soo proud of you both, having placed a child up for adoption myself. it is soo important to find a good loving home for them. and you know what you guys have so much love for your children.. all of them. your wonderful parents and ur right randy god will show u how to afford it and how to manage it in due time. you just have to be patient thats one thing im learning. Love you all hugs and kisses to my 4 beautiful nieces and nephew! and a big ol hug and kiss to my brother and sister love u all soo very much and i miss you all every day of my life!