Tuesday, January 16, 2007

1 Down...How Many More to Go???

So as many already know, and for those who don't know...Augustus, as of right now, will not be coming into our family. As seasoned veterans of the game of adoption, it should not have come as a surprise, which it didn't. BUT surprised or not, the sting is still there. I pray for him and whatever family he has that will be apart of his life.

That all being said, I got to thinking and reading and praying. In doing so my favorite story in the bible "popped" into my head, so I turned to it and read it again. The Prodigal Son has so many great things to it, yet for me right now, it was a perfect call for me to be excited and ready. For those who don't know the story or want to read it again, it's here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2015:11-32;&version=49;

Reading through it, it doesn't pertain exactly to not bringing home another child. But it did make me think about how excited and happy God is when we return to Him after turning our backs on him. In the same way the father in the Prodigal son parable is looking for his son to return (20But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.), I too will be ready to run to my new son and embrace him and make him an official part of our family.

This story goes on to talk about how the father has the fattened calf killed to eat. I can't promise I'll be busting out the old calf killing...maybe I can make him some grilled cheese or something :)

God is Good people...even when it feels like life is blah...He is Still Good...I'd even go as far to say...He's Perfect. (bold I know...but that's what I am...a risk taker)

God is Good!

No comments: