Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What's Your Story

"If you cannot stand up and share how you came into a relationship with our Lord, then your Christianity should be questioned!"

God spoke this one truth straight to my heart one night as we were in Romania talking to our friend Doru. He has been doing God's work for almost 20 years now in the Romanian orphanages, children's homes and prisons. Doru appreciated the willingness we had as a team to share Jesus with the children, through skit, bible teaching and personal testimonies. I had been so nervous that whole trip to get up in front of a large group of people, in a foreign country, to share "my" story of salvation. (is it really my story...or just another chapter in the book of Life Jesus has already written?). I prayed over that statement Doru made and it put my heart at ease, knowing it's part of my job as a Christian to share Jesus with the world. For me, a HUGE part of that is my life and story of salvation.

I still get a little shaky inside when asked to share my testimony with people. But I also look forward to sharing my story with anyone who wants to hear it. God used so many different things in my life to bring me to Him. Who am I to judge how moving my little story is or how big of an impactful it can make? He will use my story as needed. He will use your story as well.

We watched "How I Met Your Mother" last night. It's a typical show of the world, about boozing it up, sexing it up and just living for "me". (see "crier" post). Last nights episode was all about each character telling their stories. These stories were about when they lost their virginity. They were so eager and willing to share their stories of teenage, premarital sex. Am I one to judge on that subject? I don't think so. It just struck my so ironic that the world, the world that Christians are to be the salt and light to, is so willing to talk about THEIR feelings, THEIR experiences, THEIR ambitions.

How willing are we to share how God has changed our lives? Do we find it easy to talk about OUR feelings, OUR experiences, OUR ambitions which the Lord has blessed us, transformed us and guides us with?

Something that is so easily overlooked: The great Paul, writer of all those little books at the end of the bible, He was a Christian killer. He was hand picked and transformed by Jesus, just like we are and Saul took HIS testimony and used that to spread the Word of God, just like we are to do.
-----------------------------------------------

So...for the record...I never intended this Blog space to be all preachy and whatever. These are the thoughts that have been coming to mind lately. I will at some point get some more humor on here or sports or something...I think :)

God is Good!

No comments: