Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Liberia - Thoughts Part 4





Dec 3 - day 4 - church day
Good morning. Its Sunday and we are all sitting around having some quiet time before we head off to church. I think we will be leaving soon. Across the way, boys are getting their hair cut, or rather shaved with a straight edge. I should go get my head shaved, my hair is getting long. It should look pretty funny by the time I get home. The clothes the women wear for church are pretty cool. One woman is in a cool yellow get up with a head covering. How manly of me to notice the dress of the women.

-- Church
So the music is amazing. I love it more than any other worship music I have ever heard in my life. I teared up more than a few times. It’s so amazing how spirit of god can pour over a body of believers when you the whole body is singing out to him. The African worship is just unbelievable. Dancing and singing and harmonizing...goosebumps and filled with Jesus.
--
Well we are sitting at the restaurant and I can't get online, which stinks. Kelly did and he brought up the blog and I saw Wife and the kids post. Instant tears of course. We walked up to the restaurant from the church and man oh man did I sweat. I've sweat so much this trip. I'll be curious to see how stinky my suitcase is when I get back home. I got a few email addressees and phone numbers of some of the kids from the church. I gave my email out to a few as well. We shall see if I hear from any of them. I think after lunch is a time of rest back as pastor Wesley’s house.

--
So we are hanging out playing games with kids. I'm having a great time. Its so cool to see kids be kids. People all over the world are the same. Its just social and economic issues that shake it up.
--
Just got done playing football and doing prayer bracelets with the kids. This has been a good day. Just playing with the kids and hanging out and really being the light of Christ. I don't know if we are making a difference but it’s been fun. It’s a weird feeling, I guess its pretty much helplessness. But, I have to remind myself that no man is going to be able to fix this country and continent only god can and he will.
--
It’s at this point I deleted an entire entry of notes and prayers, about 2 and ½ days worth of notes…dang it all!

No comments: