Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Liberia - Thoughts Part 7



Day 9 - orphanage and departing - Friday
--
Sitting at the airport now. Today we went to the orphanage and prayed over all the rooms and entrance. The guys went and got water. I took a bunch of pictures and video of the kids playing, posing, singing and dancing. From there we went back to pastor’s house and hung out there and packed up. I left a bunch of clothes for the boys who helped us this week; Morris, Power, Matthew, Amos, Prince and the rest. I told Laura (pastors wife) I was so sorry for the stinkyness of them but I was leaving them. She seemed grateful. It was fun to spend the last few hours with the pastor’s family and friends. But it was sad too. A whole bunch of people were crying, including my favorite kid, Priscilla. She is pastor Wesley’s daughter. She is 16 and very adorable. I asked her if she was glad to get her room back from 2 stinky boys and she said no, with tears in her eyes. I asked why and she said because we are going. Mad me feel sad. I hope we showed our love for them by being real with them. I hope to see them again. It hurts my heart to think I won't. I am glad to be going home and to cleanliness. And I am glad to be getting away from the poverty and everyone asking for help. But at the same time...I don't want to leave. I want to stay and make these people laugh and have fun. It doesn't seem like they get much pleasure. I don't know what I want god to call me too, but like Romania, this just feels right. I still don't think I'm prepared for this but its so right feeling. I can't understand how to do this and have the family life I want too. God will figure it all out. Oh and we ( I ) got some sweet video of George the monkey. And some cool pics. I so love the monkey...I want one! When we were driving away for the last time, the monkey was not out. The van was really sad and teary so I just said “well I'm going to do this”...and I stuck my head out the window and yelled by to the monkey real loud. Everyone laughed. We all laughed even more when we saw a stream of pee come out under the gate.
--
As we went through baggage claim today, the bag checker saw dianes bible and he asked if she had another. She brought him one and after he found out we were all Christians he said "search is over" and let us through. It was pretty awesome.
-- random airport funny
Ryan just asked me if I had a comb...then didn't get it when I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Then he got it and teared up too. ... I guess you had to be there.
--
So we are flying now and I just had the most overwhelming feeling of missing my Romania mission trip members. Sarah, Bill, Chuck, Jenny and of course Stepan. They would have enjoyed this trip as well. I have no idea what brought that up, probably god. Father as I sit on this plane making our way back to friends and family I pray to you to blanket my teammates from the Romania trip with your comfort, love and blessings. I pray for their families lord and for their homes. I ask that you would just fill their hearts with you lord. I love them father and I love you lord.
--
Just landed in Brussels. That wasn't too bad a flight. I slept a bit but I am still pretty tired. It is 5:40am right now here. I hope we plan to rest for a bit before doing anything today. I think I may be coming down with a cold or something.

No comments: