Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Liberia - Thoughts Part 8



--Dec 9& 10 - Brussels and Travel - day 10 & 11
So much for Kelly and my big talk. We are in the hotel right now and we got here at about 7am. He and I are sharing a room again, and Mike had called up here and said let's all rest and meet up at 2pm. We were both like "let's go see stuff. We could make it Paris and back in those 7 hours". So we showered then laid down to rest...and well its now...1pm :) oh well. I am clean and I am rested so that is good. The bathroom here also has a magnified mirror which makes my melon look enormous. I can actually count the hair on my head. I won't but I could.
--
Belgium is beautiful. The chocolate is phenomenal and the waffles with chocolate sauce is something straight from heaven, saw the Christmas lights and tree and light show.
--
Last night not sleeping in my own bed and tonight. We had a great 2 hour so meeting and lots of tears were shed and thoughts shared. It was good. I'm sure we will have a few more debriefing meetings as well. This trip was amazing but surreal at the same time and we are going to need time as a team to digest it all and figure out what happens from this point on. Afterwards we went out to the center square of Brussels and it was all lit up for Christmas. The square was amazing with a light/music show that was running up against the background of these amazing cathedrals and buildings. It was great. We did some shopping and as I mentioned had some chocolate which lived up to everything anyone ever said about it. The waffle with chocolate on it is so stinking good as was the hot chocolate. I could move here and live off the chocolate. I picked up some stuff for everyone. So now its a matter of sleeping then flying home. I'm ready :)

--
Dec 11 -
I'm up and packed and READY TO GO!!!! :) about to go down and have a team breakfast before we walk over to the airport. I've gotten a cold I think. I feel pretty ok but I'm congested and have a dumb old cough. Whatever...I'm going home!
--
On the plane now, about to leave Brussels. The rumor is elf and Talladega Nights will be played during this 9 hour flight. I've acquired a cough. I don't want to be sick when I get home, but oh well.
--
All that "excitement" for elf...and I slept through it :). I think we are down to 1 hour till we land.
--
On the flight now. Under 4 hours till we are home. I talked to the kids and Wife and the pure excitement in the voices makes me feel awesome. I know they love me and need me and that's such an awesome feeling. Lord I just want to take this time to come to you right now and worship at your holy feet for blessing me with the most incredible and perfect wife. We know you don't make mistakes father and you created, molded and blessed me with the most beautiful, intelligent, funny woman. Not too many people would have stuck with me through all I have done in my life and in her you have blessed me with the perfect temperament and understanding. God you’re so awesome. The children you have put in my life for us to raise to your glory father are beyond amazing. Smart, a sense of humor, obedient and loving lord is what they all are. Dos is the most incredible little man, loving his parents as you direct children to do, so intelligent and deliberate, so much fun. Quatro is so full of life lord and so head strong. The challenges she gives us lord are reminders of the challenges you put in our lives and the frustrations you feel towards us when we fall astray lord. She is a beautiful little girl and I love her more each day, even through the struggles. Lord Seis is such a bundle of energy and laughter. She brings life into a room and is such a rumble tumble little girl yet full of so much joy and love. And Uno father, what an amazing blessing she is. Unknown to her right now, she was used by you at such a young age, to help bring a man to you father and brought such joy to a her sick grandmother father. You are so amazing in unfolding your grace and mercy on us. You have given us an oldest daughter who, lord...words are hard to describe. Vibrant and tender, funny and soft hearted, brilliant and artistic, loving her parents yet more importantly...so fearful and full of you Jesus. An 8 year lord is an inspiration to me father...and its all because of you. I praise you father with all I have.

No comments: