Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Eve - Resolutions



Jeez yea right, I don't make resolutions. When people ask I tell them I'm going to quit smoking or quit drinking. See that's the funny part, I don't do either. Man I'm a laugh riot. For 2007 I am going to make some goals, but I will just go with the flow of the life God provides. My goals for my life (not just this year):


  1. To continue to grow in my relationship with Jesus

  2. Lead, protect and provide for my family

  3. Bring the weight down a bit

  4. Spread the love, humor and word of our Lord

  5. Continue to live as pure a life as a human can. Jesus is the only way I will have the strength to live the life HE calls me to live.

Another note: If you haven't seen Hotel Rwanda, go rent it. I will never understand the way humans think and live. Yet history proves to us, the we humans cannot do it the right way without a deep and true relationship with our God. Adolph Hitler, Slobodan Milošević, Nicolae Ceauşescu, Saddam Hussein, the Rwandan Genocide. And these are just the famous ones.


One of my closest friends, who is a police officer back home in Massachusetts, and has seen the effects of perverts attacks on children, has asked me a few times "How does your God allow these things to happen". I think of this question whenever I see a movie like Hotel Rwanda or documentaries on most African countries, or hear Pastor Eugen from Romania talk about the days of communism. How does our Lord allow these crazy acts of violence and inhumanity happen.


My only reply can be, until God opens my eyes to a better answer: That Matthew 22 teaches us of the Great Commandment. Matthew 22:37-40 says "'37Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."


If these people had a true, deep and loving relationship with Jesus, then the convictions they would have in their lives would NOT be focused on their thoughts and feelings and desires, but rather Gods. Jesus Christ does NOT teach to love based on race or sex or social status. Jesus teaches us to love HIM First and Foremost, then love everyone else as you love yourself. Not once does he teach genocide, sexual abuse, murder, theft, torture.


Long description for me to say to those who question God's authority: If everyone lived their life for God, these atrocities may not have happened. But remember from every grossness comes beauty. That is God's responds to free will. HE lets us make decisions, but brings out his Glory from the decisions we make without his command.


Long post this morning...sorry :) Please, Please, Please be safe tonight. Designated Drivers aren't just a silly commercial, they are life savers, so use them....Please.


Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ezekiel 20:25-26
25 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; 26 I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn —that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.'

And note, Hitler was a Creationist who held God very close to him and his beliefs.