Saturday, September 1, 2007

Random Thoughts from the Past Month


I really have been meaning to post more, but life has gotten so busy, so here is a recap of random things I've wanted to share:

Fantasy Football Time is here!!! I drafted my "important" team...it's pretty good, hopefully I'll finish in the top 3.

I miss home. I hear New Hampshire is really nice this time of year!

Red Sox are leading their way to the playoffs. 1 month left and they have a 6 game lead. Sure it was once at 14 games, but I'm not panicking.

Had Dos's friend birthday party this past Saturday. I pretty much just lived the kid birthday party of my dreams, through my son! He wanted a sports party, so I painted a 50 yard football field out in the back yard (end zones and all), set up a kickball/baseball diamond, put up the volleyball net, horseshoe area and water balloons. The football field was fun and Dos seemed to like it. That right there is what being a dad is all about. Giving your family all that you can and trying your hardest to make their lives happy and dreams to come true. I love that part of being a Dad and Husband.

One full suitcase is packed now. For the record, I'm bringing a bunch of stuff. Donations for the Children's Home, snacks for us and the kids, 9 outfits per child (that's 27 total outfits for the multiplication impaired), diapers, pull-ups, books, toys, extra socks and undies for each child and stuffed animals. And I haven't even thought about putting my stuff into a suitcase yet. 2 gynormous suitcases, a stroller and a huge backpack...awesome :)

I'm really feeling God in me the last few days. Leading up to this trip, I was feeling Him moving in my life and some how, as the trip became a reality, with real dates, I kind of took over and allowed the stress to come into my days. Sunday at church, God just slapped me in the back of the head and set me straight. The trip will be stressful, but I have a peace and excitement that I didn't have a few days ago.

Weight Loss Update: I've lsot 6 pounds so far. Could have lost more, but frankly some food is too good to pass up. Still trying to pray my way to 185.

All for now...More updates as the trip starts.

HE is the Solid Rock

1 comment:

steffany said...

Randy, I look forward to your updates along the way. I will definitely be praying for you and your incredible adventure bringing home your three kids