Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tick Tick Tick


44 hours and counting. Packing has been funny...I think I've counted my outfits about 30 times and I'm not even close to being done packing my clothes. I just want to be sure I have enough outfits to not have to worry when I'm there, but don't want to carry more than needed.

All the logistical things are starting to weigh on me a bit. Like, what exactly am I supposed to be getting after I go to the embassy? How early do I need to be at the airport when we leave Liberia? How can I be sure the hotel has a confirmation for me? It's not like we used Hotels.com to book the thing :). Did I bring enough snacks?

I am realizing through all of this though, I love it. I love the fact that God has empowered me and prepared me to be strong enough to travel to Africa to pick up 3 children. The "stresses" of doing this all could be so much more damaging had God not hand picked me to go to Liberia last year and gotten my international travel feet under me. God's made me such a closet Type-A person...I've got my lists, my itineraries, my lists about my lists, my printed emails, items in zip lock bags with labels on them and more lists about my lists. It's awesome.

I still giggle at the thought of two guys walking up to the embassy with the 3 little kids saying..."Yes, We are here to adopt them"...it's a very "happy" thought....if you know what I mean. So many of my friends in Massachusetts would be sooooo proud!

I think one of the neatest things I have been given the opportunity to do is to hand out photo albums and gifts for some of the children being adopted by families here in the U.S. I hope some of those kids will understand what the pictures mean and start to get that excited feeling, that they will have homes soon enough...no more cramped living and sleeping...no more wondering about how much food or water there is...no more wondering who their forever family is. God is so Awesome to give me this opportunity!

Totally off subject...if you haven't seen Wild Hogs and/or Blades of Glory...you are missing out. 2 very funny movies.

Post more soon!
God is Amazing in all He does in our lives.

2 comments:

karen watts said...

Hey Randy and Ryan. I am feeling jittery, like I am going with you guys. I will be praying often for you and for your families here at home. I just watched the Liberia video again and am so grateful to have been there. Do give my love to everyone of our dear friends there.
Can't wait till you get home with those children!
Love in Christ,
Karen

HollyAnn said...

THANK YOU..for delivering our pictures to our little Obi! I told Callie and Noah that their little brother would see their faces today! Makes it all a little more real! Praying for you!