Monday, September 10, 2007

We Made It!!

Well it's 7:45AM Monday morning and Ryan and Tres are still sleeping, Cinco is laying on the bed but wanting nothing to do with anything and Siete is sucking his fingers laying next to me.

We made it! Mayberry to Don'tKnow to Washington to Brussels to Monrovia....30 whatever hours later, we are here. The flights were for the most part, not that great. There was a lot of turbulence and at one point on our way to Brussels, the plane dropped a few feet unexpectedly, which promptly made people scream and one person called out to Jesus. Scared the junk out of me. Once in Brussels we met up with Kevin, who is one brave man. He is also adopting 3 children through Addy's Hope, only he came here alone.

We landed in Monrovia and didn't have any troubles getting our bags and getting through customs...that right there is 1 HUGE Praise God! Met the kids last night and took "ownership" of them, not too sure how else you say that. We went to Pastor Wesley's house after checking in at the hotel.
Tres seemed very nervously excited. She wanted to come and be by my side but didn't want to make too much eye contact. Cinco wanted nothing to do with any of us. Seite came right to me and just chilled out, but he's a baby and that what they do best. The 3 children Kevin is adopting seemed to accept him as soon as he got there. IT was very dark out and a lot of people were all around, so it was hard to keep straight everything that was going on.

Afterwards, We brought them back to the hotel to get some dinner. Ordered up 2 plates of Liberian style chicken, which I forgot is pretty spicy. BUT...Cinco and Tres ate it like champs. Tres almost ate a whole plate by himself. Tresput back her share, but she didn't eat as much as I thought she would. I sat with Seite on my lap the whole time, no high chairs in Liberia I guess.

After eating and talking with Pastor Wesley, we finally came back up to the room for the night. I will tell you the next hour and 1/2 or so was one of the most stressful, doubt filled times in my entire life. Cinco and Tres were very quiet and didn't seem to want to have anything to do with us. And Seite....he cried...and cried.....and cried. He cried through a bottle, a new diaper, new pjs....he just wailed. I had no idea what to do....this would be the time I would say Wife....here! He finally fell asleep as I rocked him, but man I thought he was going to cry all night long.

So now, when everyone wakes up, we'll go get some breakfast and maybe head over to the medical clinic to drop off the medical stuff Kevin brought with him. After that I'm not sure what the plan is. What I do know is I didn't plan on the rain. It's is pouring out and I don't have anything to cover us.

Stupid battery in the laptop is dying....I'll try to get more pictures up later.

It is indeed worth it.

6 comments:

Emily said...

They are so cute!! I am sure in a day or 2 JD and Hannah will be all over you and Ryan. How I wish I was there!! Give them lots of hugs for me!!

I love you ALL :)

HollyAnn said...

Yeah! A picture!!!! So excited for you! Praying for today to be wonderful with lots of hugs from the kids for you and JD to warm up! Tell Pastor Wesley and family hello for me! If you go to the children's home today, tell the staff hello also!

Andy Corbett said...

I'm so proud of you, man.

StewMama said...

Hi Randy!

Thank you so much for giving me a glimpse of Kevin! I have not heard from him yet, but I knew you all would be busy. At least now, I *know* he did make it all the way there! We are praying for you all!

In Him,
Candice (Kevin's wife and mama to Fannie, Charles, and Giftee!)

Anonymous said...

Randy (and Emily),

Thank you so much for sharing this time with all of us. It is precious and it makes us feel like we are closer to being there. We are extremely excited and proud of the blessing God is pouring on you. I know you know, but I just want to say, He's has you all in His hands.

I'm praying for you and each one of your precious family today. His plan is to glorify Himself in every situation and every challenge. He plans to meet every need of these hearts and every need of each physical moment.

He loves you so much and we do too.

Tony and Amy Shupp

steffany said...

I love the picture! I can only imagine what's going on in the minds and hearts of the kiddos. It will be awesome to see and hear about their progression in receiving and giving of your love. Our family is truly excited for you.